Monday, October 21, 2013

Homework Through Play

Are you looking for fun ways to get your students to learn at home? I know homework can be a struggle and a very tiring strain on both you and your child. If you can do one thing at home that goes above and beyond the normal homework your child brings home, I would suggest family reading time. Set aside just 10 minutes a night of reading and then another 5 minutes to talk about what you read.
Do have children at home that don't want to practice their sight words? I tried a home made memory match game with my children. I cut out 20 squares from notebook paper and wrote 10 matching words on the 20 squares. My child and I then played the game. One important rule is that you and your child have to say the words you turn over even if you don't get a match. I hope this tip helps your child out with learning his or her sight words.

No comments:

Post a Comment