Sunday, October 5, 2014

I'm Bored

Those are words that no parent wants to hear a child say. Fall break brings a lot opportunities for families to reconnect with each other. Here is a list of things for families to do this week.
(Some activities are free while some will cost money)
1. Head to a park and take a nature walk.
2. Visit our wonderful library-they have many fun activities planned this week.
3. Head to the science museum-they too have many fun activities planned.
4. Reid's Orchard has some fun things to do for the whole family to do.
5. Trunnell's Farm also has some fun activities to do as a family.

If you can't leave the house, how about dusting off some of those board games. I spent countless hours with my family playing boards games such as: Life, Monopoly, Stratego and Sorry. I can also remember building forts with blankets and chairs and being read to by mom.
Of course, I can also remember doing a lot of work over my breaks with my dad such as raking leaves and chopping firewood.
We live in a busy world with little to no down time, so take advantage of all of the time you have with your children. As I approach the age of 40, I see how precious family time is and just how fast our children grow up. Have fun this week with your children and make some memories that will last a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment