Monday, November 9, 2015

Feeling Sick and Tired?

It is that time of year that the weather can't make up its mind and we the people feel the brunt of Mother Nature's indecisiveness. I am writing this as I am sitting at home in two pairs of flannel pants, a sweatshirt and under a blanket while fighting a cold. The good thing about my cold is that it is not strep and I do not have a fever. If did have a fever I would have had to stay home tomorrow because you need to be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
The best thing that we as parents can do to make sure our children don't get sick is to be proactive. I know that I will get my boys the flu shot again this year. They have had the flu shot the last two years and none of them caught the flu. Another way to be proactive is to have your children wash their hands when they leave stores, houses and any other building they go in. Also, make sure they are washing their hands before eating. Since it is getting darker outside you might even want to think about getting your children into the bath sooner than later. When you do this you can put those germ filled clothes in the hamper and get them some fresh, clean pajamas on. Continue to make sure your children are getting plenty of sleep because a tired body is more likely to catch something than a rested body. Good Luck and Stay Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment