Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving Memories

This past Sunday I went to my parents house to celebrate Thanksgiving. Yes, it wasn't actually on Thanksgiving but being married and having two siblings that are married it is hard for us to celebrate on Thanksgiving. The actual day isn't important to me because I enjoy my time with my parents and celebrating Thanksgiving. Walking into my parents house and smelling the turkey and all fixings brought back a flood of happy memories. I can remember waking up on Thursday's and the aroma of turkey and dressing filling my house. I can remember the first Thanksgiving that I got to pull on the wishbone and the feeling that gave me. I can remember my grandparents coming over and all the stories that they told me about my parents and what they were like when they were kids. I can remember going out and playing football before the feast and then the nap that soon followed the feast.
Thanksgiving can be a magical time for everyone and especially children. Make this Thanksgiving a special one for them with the traditions that your family has.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment