Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Milken Award

Words can't describe the feeling I had on Tuesday when I was announced as a Milken Educator of the Year. I truly believe the award could have gone to any of the outstanding teachers of Cravens Elementary. There have  been so many people involved in shaping the educator that I am today. I have worked on many tremendous teams at Cravens. I want to thank them for pushing me to do my best everyday. It was nice to lean on them and be able to share ideas of how we could make a difference in the children at Cravens. I owe a lot of this award to past administrators including Mr. Lyddane who allowed me to be myself while teaching the children of Cravens. Mr. Lyddane pushed me harder last year than I have ever been pushed and I appreciate what he has done for me.
It has been a few days since the announcement and I still struggle with what to say to people about the award. I think of teaching as a passion and not a job. It is nice to wake up every morning and head to school knowing that I have a chance to educate the child who will grow up and do amazing things in our great country.
In closing, I want to thank the wonderful educators at Cravens who shared in my special day. I love you all and I think you all are amazing teachers and leaders. To the students of Cravens I love you and keep climbing the mountain of success!

No comments:

Post a Comment